What's your opinion of gossip?
Do you like it? Do you love to be part of it? I do and I really enjoy being
among a group of people who share the story, analysing it and try to apply it
in daily life. What should one do and one shouldn’t do that etc etc. An act of
wise woman konon!
Now let me turn the questions.
Do you like to be the subject of
the gossip?
How is it feel if the gossip is
about you?
Do you like to hear people say
things about you and you know it is not the way it happened?
My dear kids,
For me gossip is destructive. It
can be one of the down parts in your life. You feel that you should stand up
and correct the story and the people. Even worse while fixing the story, people
misinterpreted it and somehow the story is way out of line. By the end of the
day, you feel helpless to and just let it go.
How can it be? I mean you try
every possible way to fix it and those people are not stranger but your love
one. How can it be so hard to remedy it?
I searched for an answer and
finally these articles hit me. I changed the original version to more suit our
culture. Apparently, nothing much you can do as there are 3 different types of people who gossip:
1. The “Kesian kat Dia” gossip.
This
is the person who has something kind of mean to say about somebody but they
don’t want to appear to be spreading gossip, so they always use this kind of “kesian kat dia.”
They
say things like: “You know Aziz? Well his wife left him because he has this
financial problem that she didn’t know about. And he got fired from his job.
But, he’s trying as hard as he can. Kesian kan kat dia”
2. The “Astro Berjalan” gossip.
These
are the people who just love to talk and they just kind of talk because that’s
what they do. This type of gossip says things like: “Did you hear that the
couple are quarrelling again?” or “Do you know about Maria? Nampak selalu
gaduh, cam nak bercerai” or “I hear Suhana is pregnant.”
This
type of person isn’t too worried about accuracy either. They just feel it is
their duty to inform everyone about other people’s lives.
3. The “I’m just telling the truth”
gossip.
This
person says things like: “Just telling the truth. If they didn’t want anybody
to know, they shouldn’t have said anything. Right? I’m just telling the truth.
I’m just throwing it out there.”
Just
because something is true does not give us permission to share it with others.
Here,
we need to check our motives when sharing a story. If we are sharing it with
the motive to hurt the person or just because we want to be the first to share
the juicy news – our motive is bad and we shouldn’t be sharing at all.
‘Terlajak perahu boleh berundur
walaupun takde gear gostan tapi terlajak kata?’
People are still talking about
it and I felt so dismal for a week. My mistake was trying hard to correct the
story and clear my taint reputation. It drained my energy and positive vibe by
doing so. It was a good attempt but the result was almost nothing.
In the end, you know what is the
BEST way out? Let It Go like the Elsa’s song. Just let it go. It is almost the
best mean to heal your wound.
To my beloved kids, may my story
here be a good lesson for you to handle it better than mommy. These also serve
a note for me, next time!
Mommy in depressing mode coz words has
killed her good heart!
080514

No comments:
Post a Comment