Social Icons

Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Come Back Again



I was cleaning up my Google account when one random notification appeared in my email.

It was about several cute videos of my kids — videos that I clearly remembered sharing on social media many, many years ago.

So naturally, I clicked.

And to my surprise, it brought me here.

To a blog.

My blog.

My first reaction was literally—

“Eh... aku ada blog ke?”

So I started clicking around. One post became another. Then another.

And tadaaaaa...

Apparently, there was once a version of me who was very much invested in blogging.

And she even had a name for it.

This is Blog NimboKing.

MashaAllah.

I started reading my old entries and honestly, I surprised myself. Eh, I can write rupanya.

And another surprise — my Bahasa Malaysia was actually not bad! 😂

I don't know why that shocked me more than discovering the blog itself.

There were stories. Pictures. Videos. My children when they were much smaller. Random thoughts. Pieces of my life that, at that time, probably felt very ordinary.

But today?

They don't feel ordinary anymore.

They feel like time capsules.

My first thought was to delete the blog.

Save the pictures. Download the videos. Keep whatever memories I wanted in my phone and clean up the rest.

Simple.

But then...

Wait a minute.

Why should I bury all these memories?

Why erase something simply because that chapter of my life has ended?

That woman who wrote those stories was still me.

Maybe younger. Maybe different. Maybe her priorities were different. Maybe she saw life differently.

But she was me.

And suddenly I thought — this could actually be fun.

Not just for me.

One day, my children might come here and read about themselves when they were little. They might discover stories they don't remember. They might even discover a version of their mother they never really knew.

And knowing my children, they will probably laugh at some of it.

For years, I've always had this feeling that my life journey is worth documenting.

Not because my life is extraordinary.

But because it has been... a lot.

There were beautiful chapters. Messy ones. Ambitious ones. Painful ones. Ridiculous ones. Chapters where I thought I knew exactly where I was going — and chapters where life clearly had other plans.

Many times I thought,

"One day, I should write a book."

But that one day never came.

Because every time I thought about writing a book, the same question came:

Where do I even start?

Well.

Apparently, life answered that question for me.

I don't have to start.

I can restart.

Because somehow, by rezeki, I stumbled upon the place where I had already started many years ago.

This blog. This is Blog NimboKing.

And the more I thought about it, the more this blog reminded me of an old classic car.

Imagine you once owned a car that you absolutely loved.

You polished it. Took care of it. Spent money on it. Put your time, effort and personality into it.

And when you drove it around, you were proud of it.

Then life changed.

The world moved faster.

Newer cars came along. Better technology. More efficient. More convenient.

And slowly, that classic car ended up in the garage.

You didn't sell it because...

nak jual, sayang.

So you covered it up.

Put it aside.

And told yourself,

"One day nanti aku buat something dengan kereta ni."

Years passed.

And then one day, you opened that garage again.

Pulled off the cover.

And realised...

Eh. This thing is actually quite beautiful.

Better still, the world has somehow gone full circle.

Now classic is cool again.

People look for things with character. Things with history. Things that aren't perfectly manufactured to look like everything else.

And apparently, youngsters think people driving classic cars are cool.

Well then.

Today I also want to be cool.

😂

So maybe it's time to take my old NimboKing out of the garage.

Start the engine.

See whether hidup lagi ke tak.

Polish it a little.

Repair what needs repairing.

Maybe upgrade a few things — because the woman driving it today is definitely not the same woman who parked it all those years ago.

But I don't want to turn it into a brand-new car.

That defeats the whole point of owning a classic.

I want to keep its character.

Its scratches.

Its stories.

Its history.

And then, from time to time, I'll take it out for a drive.

Write when I have something worth writing.

Tell stories when I have stories worth telling.

Maybe revisit the woman I used to be.

And introduce her to the woman I have become.

And perhaps, many years from now, I can hand these stories to my children.

Not as some grand legacy.

Just pieces of their mother's life.

Proof that before she became simply Mommy in their stories...she had stories of her own too.

So yes.

After all these years...

Hello again, NimboKing.

I have absolutely no idea where we're going this time.

But then again...

we've already travelled quite a distance together.

Start the engine.

Let's see where this road takes us....



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

 
Blogger Templates