Social Icons

Sunday, 15 June 2014

Love is like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds



My dear children,
This entry lovingly dedicate to you as to put in the picture who is your Baba. This time not who he is for you because that's your story. For this 2014 Father's Day, I am here to share who he is in the eyes of mine.

My friends who know me know that I talk a lot. But rarely do I talk deep about love especially about my husband. It is not about the ego or ‘segan’ or ‘poyo’ but more on hard to describe in words.
Yes, you heard me say; I love him but who doesn’t? He’s your husband and some more a father to your kids. Then when it comes to birthday, I also wish him with some poetic words and cynical jokes like every other partner do.



But as year by year, it can sometimes be just words. Words that accepted by society. We sometimes got lost in what the society wants us to behave and hear. Some may meant it by their heart and some just do it for the sake of doing it. Even as simple as Happy Father’s Day. Or else you won’t receive the same template about ‘ayah’ from several of your whatapps group. Right?
But this year I want to make it different. Maybe I don’t have any other chance and thus let me make the most of this opportunity. This time entry is a love letter from me to your Baba and I pass it to you, my kids.

My dear DLaSerna,




Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Songwriters: LENNON, JOHN / MCCARTNEY, PAUL

 Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes
Cellophane flowers of yellow and green
Towering over your head
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
And she's gone
Lucy in the sky with diamonds (3x)
Ah
Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers
That grow so incredibly high
Newspaper taxis appear on the shore
Waiting to take you away
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds
And you're gone
Lucy in the sky with diamonds (3x)
Ah
Picture yourself on a train in a station
With plasticine porters with looking glass ties
Suddenly someone is there at the turnstile
The girl with the kaleidoscope eyes
Lucy in the sky with diamonds (3x)
Ah
Lucy in the sky with diamonds (3x)
Ah
Lucy in the sky with diamonds (3x)
Ah


This is not the best song in my evergreen list but it never fail to light up my day every time I have the chance to listen to it. And to hear any Beatles’ songs will surely remind me of you. The lyric doesn’t make sense and yet it is nice to listen. Like we being together is also doesn’t make sense but we are just nice to cruise along.

Some said the Beatles got high with LSD while writing this song. Well for me, love can drive you to that intensity. And this song made its way to the top and I see my life will turn that way with you.
Yes you, the same man that I knew 14 years ago. I am glad we never like each other at that time. Allah has better plan for us and slowly we became good friend to good buddy. This decade of pure friendship can be described like ‘Menara UiTM’. After all, we both are proud of our ‘UiTM di hatiku’

You know how hideous the Menara looks like from far, right. The building has no art and some more the colour is dull. ‘Warna simen’.  But let us look at the history of it; the foundation; the purpose; and most of all the achievement it has proven. This describes us. I am proud of our strong foundation. And you always remind me that it is LOVE that matters. Many man said that but you truly believe it. The best is that you believe it with me.

Any man can be a father but nobody can be our Baba. You yourself as a joker and you easily light up the room with your silly jokes. Clearly you are not one of the good looking guys that girls turn their head twice to see. But you certainly can make everybody turns their heads with your loud voice.
Our kids are among the lucky ones to have a fun father. One of the memories was watching you playing in a kid swimming pool like a 10 years old boy with other kids. You are super cool Baba where I’m sure the kids adore you more. With you, it is dinner with sugus and mentos. For me, secretly (no longer a secret) you are my Adam Sandler with Ajay Devgan look (and that’s my imagination and please people, don’t kill it)

And the greatest gift a wife can ask for is a husband that comes with wife package. He can cook, he can do laundry, he can take care of the kids (and I mean, for 4days and 3 nights, ok!!), he does the dishes and he can iron his shirt.

Kau hadooo??? 

Some people never know what it's like to have a husband that's also a friend. And I am also sorry for most of my friend out there that never really get it. It can only be cherish for the lucky ones. And I'm so grateful for that!

With you, I know we have the strongest root for our kids to follow. With you, I know we are educating our kids the right way of being Muslim and Muslimah. With you, I know we are doing fine during our downfall. And most of all with you, I know that I don’t need another man.

Happy Baba's Day!

Sincerely,
NimboKing- nickname given by our BroYer
160614

3 friends back in times when you and BroYer is just friend
 times when I don't see you as I see you know

This is what I meant, joker by heart!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

 
Blogger Templates